Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for a Facility and H&S Manager to ensure the safe and efficient operation of our Fluidigm Canada business. The successful candidate will be well-organized and able to optimize the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs. The goal is to ensure our business’s accommodation is problem-free and safe so that employees can work under the best conditions.
- Develop and implement a facility management program including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements, conduct and document regular facility inspections, oversee environmental, health and safety and ensure compliance with standards and industry codes, proactive involvement with the company’s joint environmental, health and safety committee
- Allocate and manage facility space for maximum efficiency and coordinate intra-office moves, perform and supervise maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment, plan and coordinate with base building central services such as reception, security, cleaning, waste disposal and parking. respond to facility and equipment alarms and system failures
- Manage contractor and vendor relationships and obtain quotes and tenders from vendors and suppliers, manage and review service contracts to ensure facility management needs are met, validate completed work by contractors and vendors, verify payment and invoicing match contract pricing
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to maintain laboratory equipment by establishing quality standards; ensure operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures are in place; arranging equipment replacement, service and repair; equipment certification, calibration, and validation.
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
- BSc/BA in facility management, engineering, business administration or relevant field
- proven experience as facilities manager or relevant position
- 10+ years of experience in facility management, and health and safety practices in a manufacturing setting
- well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations, and preferentially possessing a health and safety certification
- working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems, working knowledge of procurement and contracts, experience in construction, maintenance and all facets of facility operation
- experience with lab equipment maintenance, ability to work within lab environment, solid computer and systems knowledge
- capability to effectively use technical information, experience with staff training, informing others, quality focus.
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.