Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm Corporation is seeking a Senior Finance Manager in our FP&A department. This position supports the multiple business partners (Corporate functions, Marketing, and R&D) and will interact with executive management and employees across all levels of the worldwide organization.
- Prepare & publish key metrics to monitor the worldwide (Corporate and its affiliates) performance, including key business metrics around orders/sales, operating expenses, and capital expenditures. Focus will be to develop/maintain a succinct report that promotes actionable corporate behaviors.
- Work with business partners on cost center spend management: tracking and summarizing spending, headcount hiring status and capital expenditures versus plan/forecast/prior year. Provide monthly Budget vs Actual (BVA) Analysis, preparing and publishing worldwide monthly spending reports vs budget including documentation of variances to department. Present succinct month end analysis to Finance and WW department heads.
- Updating Financial Planning System (Adaptive Planning) for monthly expense forecast and annual budget. Manage financial database for actual results and ad hoc sensitivity analysis.
- Partner with business leaders on corporate initiatives. Establish monthly Financial packages. Attend and participate in department staff meetings. Publish and present financial metrics for QBR meetings. Financial modeling on New Product Introduction (NPI) launches.
- Assist in on-line invoice review and purchase requisitions. Review and analyze open purchase orders as it relates to forecasting expenses and cash flow
- Provide ad hoc analysis as needed. Review processes, evaluate workflow and propose efficiencies. Assist with audit schedules for accounting department. Build models ROI models for potential deals and projects.
- BS/BA in finance, accounting, or economics from an accredited university
- 8-10 years of progressive responsibilities with worldwide corporate financial reporting and analysis, including experience supporting Marketing, R&D, and Corporate FP&A, with attitude to understand and communicate business drivers
- Direct experience using forecasting tools (Adaptive Planning) and experience with business intelligence tools
- Good knowledge of U.S. Accounting Principles
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks, cope with multiple deadlines, dynamically changing environment, and work under pressure (Full ownership by taking project from start to finish)
- Excellent analytical skills for financial reporting and modeling
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with co-workers
- Advanced Excel modeling skills (creative thinker)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong aptitude with financial systems, e.g. ERP: Microsoft Dynamics AX, SAP, Oracle or Essbase financials, etc.
- Flexibility with hours, working with Singapore, Canadian, and European colleagues (periodic, not daily)
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Provide a highly competitive compensation package, including strong benefits and growth opportunities.
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.