Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for a smart, talented, and resourceful professional to guide HR operations and align programs, practices, procedures and systems to strategic business objectives. This newly created role provides an opportunity to use a blend of creativity and data-driven decision-making to analyze, identify and coordinate programs that deliver results across several core HR areas to bring to life the global employee experience.
In this new position, you will own driving efficiencies in our HR operations ensuring our initiatives are reliable, consistent, cost-effective, and contribute to an awesome work environment. Improve the overall employee experience by strengthening the operational foundation of HR for the business.
- Building process and program excellence to scale the HR operations to support a flexible global company.
- Support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the elimination of unnecessary complexity and identification of better ways of working.
- Partner with HRIS team to drive optimal use of HR systems to deliver business intelligence.
- Work closely with HRIS, IT, payroll, compensation and benefits teams on cross-functional projects including annual salary review.
- Partner with Local HR Managers and Business Partners to develop and maintain documentation for all HR processes.
- Partner with HRIS to develop processes to detect, troubleshoot and resolve issues, ensuring integrity of data throughout the organization.
- Develop and track meaningful HR metrics and data analytics in partnership with HRIS using our WorkDay platform.
- Assess effectiveness of HR programs, tracking progress against objectives.
- Drive decision making through high level analytics and metrics.
- Lead the process for the “need to have” stuff, like preparing detailed job descriptions with job levels/families
- Define and update procedures, processes and protocols.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field and a minimum of five (5) years of experience overseeing the execution of an HR operations initiative; or other relevant service delivery structure
- Best in Class HR operations practices experience gained from 5 or more years of related human resources experience
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility with and gain commitment from key stakeholders
- Excellent communications skills and experience interacting with customers, gathering feedback and managing a project
- Experience managing projects in a large matrixed enterprise, across multiple geographic locations
- Develop business process and approval workflow and define business requirements
- Ability to gather, synthesize and analyze data, draw conclusions and summarize recommendations
- Expert in creating, interpreting and developing actionable data and presentations in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to routinely take initiative to identify issues and solve problems; thoroughly analyze information and make timely recommendations with minimal supervision
- Highly collaborative across all levels with excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Comfortable challenging the norm and driving innovation in a changing environment
- Strong technical problem solving and analytical mindset
- Experience managing vendor relationships and strong influence and negotiation skills required
- Innate integrity and excellent judgment and decision-making abilities required. The ability to respect, protect and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project) required, in addition to strategic and tactical, demonstrated experience with HR systems implementations (WorkDay) highly desirable
- Must have organizational skills to function effectively while meeting established deadlines
- Effective listening abilities with strong customer service and judgment skills
- Demonstrate a proactive style while maintaining professionalism in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters.
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.