Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is seeking a full-time Senior Corporate Counsel for our legal department based in South San Francisco. This position supports multiple business partners in the finance and HR organizations, and will interact with executive management and employees across all levels of the worldwide organization. The Senior Corporate Counsel will report directly to Fluidigm’s General Counsel.
- Review (and some cases prepare/file) SEC reports, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, S-8 (and other registration statements), and Section 16 filings
- Prepare for annual stockholder meetings, including proxy statements and meeting planning and logistics
- Ensure compliance with SEC and NASDAQ rules and regulations
- Collaborate with the Finance, Accounting, IR, PR and marketing teams on external communications such as earnings releases, press releases, investor presentations and marketing materials, and the Company website
- Assist with corporate governance matters, including Board and its Committees, Committee charters and company policies
- Work closely with HR, benefits and stock administration teams on our equity and executive compensation plans, and assist General Counsel in administering Insider Trading Policy and related policies
- Assist in administering compliance programs
- Assist in managing international subsidiary governance and secretarial matters
- Support corporate transactions, including any financing activity or M&A
- Collaborate with and manage outside legal counsel on corporate and securities matters
- Provide support for other matters (e.g., taxes, litigation, etc.), as needed
- A J.D. from an accredited law school and admission to the State Bar of California.
- At least 10 years of relevant corporate law experience, including both law firm and in-house representation of publicly traded technology companies
- 1933 and 1934 Act disclosure and reporting experience
- M&A experience
- Corporate governance and Board of Directors experience
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills and judgment
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Superior verbal and written skills and are easily able to positively engage in-house clients
- Ability to give well organized, thoughtful presentations to upper management
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.